Domainfest should be one of the to top industry shows in 2011. They continue to raise the bar. I highly recommend attendance at the show (Please note this is a personal unpaid endorsement.)
Additionally, I will be part of a domain panel entitled Tips and Strategies for Buying and Selling Domains. Joining me will be Michael Berkens and Kathy Nielson. I look forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones.
Here is the the full press release:
DOMAINfest Global Shaping Up As An Unprecedented Conference Experience
Industry Leading Speakers and Panelists to Provide Insights on Internet Trends and Strategic Issues
LOS ANGELES, Calif.(December 21) — DomainSponsor®, the domain monetization division of Oversee.net® and organizer of the DOMAINfest® series of conferences, has announced agenda details and a preliminary list of expert speakers for DOMAINfest Global. The event is scheduled for Feb 1-3, 2011 at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica. More than 600 professionals from nearly 30 countries are expected to attend.
The agenda for DOMAINfest Global is designed to provide attendees with insights on the Internet trends that are driving innovation and online investment, both in domain names and new technologies.
Agenda highlights include:
• A keynote presentation by Bob Parsons, visionary Founder & CEO of Go Daddy.
• A fireside chat with Ben Mezrich, author of “The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook.”
• Panel discussions and interactive workshops with leading experts.
• The annual PITCHfest contest that gives Internet entrepreneurs a chance to get discovered.
• Two live domain name auctions, offering simultaneous online real-time bidding, hosted by Moniker.com and SnapNames.com.
• Evening networking parties that will carry on the DOMAINfest tradition of providing unique, fun entertainment.
. Panels and panelists
1. Acquiring and Monetizing Traffic Using Local, Mobile, Social and Video – Expert panelists will discuss the latest advertiser and publisher trends and techniques in acquiring and monetizing local, mobile, social and video traffic.
• Massimo Burgio is an expert on international search/social media marketing. He is an active member of SEMPO (Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization) as a member of the Board of Directors, and SEMPO Global Committee Co-Chair. Sergio is a frequent panelist, keynote speaker and moderator at worldwide conferences.
• Richard Jalichandra is a veteran Internet executive whose media experience includes leadership roles across the media spectrum as a client, agency, publisher, and within an advertising network. Currently, he is the President and CEO of Technorati Media, the largest blog and social media ad network.
• Bruce Crair is President and Chief Operating Officer of Local.com. He has over 20 years of senior management experience leading high technology companies.
• Branden Claisse is Vice President, ¬ Business Development, Mojiva, Inc., a mobile advertising firm that runs the Mojiva mobile ad network and mOcean Mobile ad platform. Based in Los Angeles, Branden works to expand the company’s Premium Mobile Ad Network with new publishers, as well as introduce Mojiva to key brands and digital agencies.
2. Opportunities in ccTLDs, IDNs and gTLDs — This session will help both new and advanced domain investors learn how to weigh the opportunities versus risks related to ccTLD, IDN and gTLD domains.
• Ken Hansen is Senior Director, Business Development for Neustar Inc. He has over 20 years of Internet and telecom, sales, marketing and business development experience, and has been in the domain name industry for more than a decade.
• Dr.Jörg Schweiger is a full-time member of the Executive Board and CTO of DENIC eG, the central registry for .de domains. He is responsible for all technical matters and Human Resources. His expertise drives the development of DENIC’s technical services.
• Daniel Dryzeck is Chief Executive Officer and Founder of ddfund.eu, a domain development fund. He is co-organizer of MeetDomainers, a successful event organized in Poland for domain investors and Internet entrepreneurs.
• Daniel Eisenhut is responsible for International Business Development at InterNetX. He works with international key accounts and key business partners and clients, finding customized solutions for registrars and other international B2B partners.
3. The Latest/Greatest SEO and SEM Tips – These highly respected panelists will offer the latest tips and case studies for maximizing the results from SEO and SEM efforts.
• Bruce Clay is President of Bruce Clay, Inc. Since 1996, he has been a recognized leader in the Internet business consulting arena and is a popular speaker at conferences, including Search Engine Strategies, PubCon, adtech, and Search Marketing Expo.
• Danny Sullivan is Editor-In-Chief of Search Engine Land, a publication that covers search marketing and search engine news. He is considered a leading search engine expert and journalist and has written about search for nearly 15 years.
• Andy Atkins-Krueger is the CEO of WebCertain Group, an international web marketing agency which brings together native speakers from countries around the world to provide a centralized hub for clients. It is one of the only agencies to focus solely on international projects and covers over 36 languages in-house.
1. Keynote Speaker
Bob Parsons, CEO of Go Daddy, the world’s largest Web hosting provider and top domain name registrar. Acknowledged as a marketing genius, he will discuss “Luck & Perspective” where he will share his story to inspire others to improve their businesses and their lives.
2. Fireside Chat
Ben Mezrich, author of “The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook, a Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal,” will join Oversee.net CEO Jeff Kupietzky for a fireside chat that will reveal incredible real-life stories, chronicling young geniuses who became wealthy against tremendous odds. His discussion is even more topical after Mark Zuckerberg was named Time magazine’s 2010 Person of the Year.
3. Internet Vital Signs Presentations
Eli Goodman, Search Evangelist for comScore, will share statistical insights on user, keyword and advertising category trends gathered from comScore’s Media Metrix suite of products. He is a 12-year veteran of the technology and market research industry with experience in search, online media, public relations, and marketing.
A new feature added to this year’s agenda involves interactive workshops that offer concrete, tactical advice that can be taken home and applied immediately to improve the monetization and value of Internet real estate properties. Attendees are encouraged to bring questions. Workshops and panelists include:
1. Domain Monetization Basics from Parking to CPL to CPA — While this session is targeted to beginners and intermediates, advanced domain investors may also learn from the expert panelists. Monetization options will be discussed, including parking, affiliate, lead generation, and content/development models.
• Frank Schilling is one of the world’s most respected domainers. He is the Founder and Managing Director of Name Administration, a Caribbean-based company that owns hundreds of thousands of high-quality, generic .com domains.
• Joerg Schnermann is General Manager, DomainSponsor Europe. He previously was Chief Operating Officer of KeywordDomains.com.
• Howard Hoffman is founder and President of PPC Income, Inc. To share his experience in generating income from his domain traffic, Howard developed the website, PPCIncome.com, the first site to provide evaluations of the major pay-per-click domain parking services for domain owners. Howard owns over 10,000 domain names.
2. Top Ten Steps to Building a Winning Website – This workshop offers advice on a handful of critical steps related to landing page design, optimizing content, meta tags, on-site offers and forms, user-generated content, and leveraging social media.
• Jay Berkowitz is the CEO of domain monetization company RevenueEvolution.com, Founder/CEO of TenGoldenRules.com, a strategic online marketing consulting business and Founder of networking site InternetMarketingClub.com. Jay is the author of The Ten Golden Rules of Online Marketing Workbook.
3. Tips and Strategies for Buying and Selling Domains — For buyers, expert panelists will offer advice on where to buy, how to do keyword research, and what factors to consider when deciding on a fair purchase price. For sellers, the panelists will talk about pricing strategies, distribution options, and the escrow and transfer process.
• Kathy Nielson is Director of Sales for Sedo and is responsible for overall sales for Sedo in the North American market including all product lines. She works closely with Registry and Registrar clients on special auctions and sales projects.
• Michael H. Berkens is the founder and CEO of Worldwide Media, Inc., a domain asset investment company holding a world-class portfolio of over 75,000 premium domain names. He operates one of the most successful retail domain sales sites — www.MostWantedDomains.com
• Larry Fischer is a domain expert who specializes in top-level generic domains. He has participated in some of the largest domain purchases to date, including Home.com, Autoparts.com, Stocks.com, Gadgets.com, and Nursing.com.
Full agenda and speaker information is available at http://domainfest.com/DOMAINFESTGlobal2011/agenda
Moniker Live and Extended Domain Auctions
This year’s live domain auctions at DOMAINfest will include the Moniker Low & No Reserve Domain Auction on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. US Pacific time and the Moniker Premium Domain Auction on Thursday, February 3, 2011 from 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. US Pacific. Both auctions offer simultaneous live in-person as well as online remote real-time bidding.
The Moniker Extended Premium Domain Auction involving online bidding only will be held from Thursday, February 3, 2011 to Thursday, February 10, 2010 at 12:15 p.m. PST. For details on all auctions, including how to bid remotely, please visit: http://www.moniker.com/dfauctions.
The discounted registration rate of $1,195 for DOMAINfest Global (Feb 1-3, 2011) is available until December 31, 2010. To register, visit http://www.domainfest.com/DOMAINFESTGlobal2011/register. Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are still available. Contact email@example.com for sponsorship opportunities.
Founded and hosted by DomainSponsor, the domain monetization division of Oversee.net, DOMAINfest® brings domain industry and Internet marketing professionals together to learn, network, and do business. Guests include online advertising experts, domain publishers, domain monetization experts, SEO/SEM specialists, website developers, online marketers, ad or affiliate network suppliers, search advertising providers, venture capitalists, bankers and trademark/legal advisors. Visit http://www.domainfest.com to review the latest information regarding upcoming DOMAINfest events.
Oversee.net® is the leader in Internet real estate, specializing in monetizing, registering, selling and developing domain names. The company provides an array of managed services to domain investors, corporations, and individuals across more than ten million web sites. Oversee owns one of the largest portfolios of domain names in the world—more than 1 million names. The company’s unique optimized technology connects consumers and advertisers with highly relevant advertisements. Headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Portland, Oregon, Pompano Beach, Florida and Frankfurt, Germany, the company’s core brands include DomainSponsor®, SnapNames®, Moniker®, DOMAINfest®, LowFaresTM and AboutAirportParking.com®. To learn more, please visit www.oversee.net.
515 S. Flower Street, Suite 4400
Los Angeles, CA 90071
direct +1.213.408.0080 x1456