Domainfest Barcelona has announced the agenda and list of speakers for their June show. In addition they will offering 1 day passes for $295 and $495 with dinner for those that want to come for the main day which is the wednesday of the show. Oversee always puts together a good show. The press release to follow:
LOS ANGELES and FRANKFURT (May 11, 2011) — DomainSponsor®, the traffic monetization division of Oversee.net® and organizer of the DOMAINfest® series of conferences, has announced the agenda for its second annual DOMAINfest® Europe conference in Barcelona, Spain June 7-9, 2011. The agenda is designed to help attendees, sponsors and expert speakers share business insights and form new partnerships.
Presentation and panel discussion topics and experts were carefully selected to provide the domain investors, online marketers and website developers in attendance with ideas on how to address important issues impacting their businesses today. Networking activities will play an important role in helping attendees continue the dialog on these topics.
The agenda kicks off on Tuesday, June 7 with a networking cocktail reception in the exhibit hall from 16:00-20:00.
Presentations, panel discussions and the Moniker domain auction will take place on Wednesday June 8.
Morning presentations include:
• European Legal and Regulatory Issues. Paul Keating, founder of Law.es, will discuss the most recent, critical, legal, regulatory and ICANN trends and issues impacting domain investors in Europe and abroad.
• SEO Best Practices After Panda. Richard Baxter, CEO of SEOgadget.co.uk, will discuss the impact of Google’s recent panda algorithm changes on SEO best practices. His presentation will offer tips on information architecture techniques that can improve organic rankings. He will also offer his perspective on how the Yahoo/Bing partnership will impact users, advertisers, and publishers in Europe.
• Dark Patterns: User Interfaces Designed to Trick People. This keynote presentation will be given by Dr. Harry Brignull, User Experience Designer at Clearleft.com. Dr. Brignull will present examples of websites that rely on so-called “dark pattern” techniques designed to mislead the user into a conversion path. Attendees will gain a better understanding of how to increase conversions without resorting to “dark patterns.”
Afternoon panel discussion sessions include:
• TLD Update: Growth Trends and Investment Bets. Expert panelists will each give fast, hard-hitting five-minute presentations that highlight their top three observations and predictions regarding ccTLDs and gTLDs. Q&A to follow. Panelists include Daniel Eisenhut from InternetX, Tobian Wann from Verisign and Ken Hansen from Neustar, Inc.
• Mobile, Social and Affiliate Revenue Strategies. Expert panelists will each give five five-minute presentations highlighting a variety of new trends and techniques that can help earn maximum revenue on domain traffic. Q&A to follow. Panelists are Laurence Aderemi from Google Europe/AdMob, Miguel Ochoa from Affili.net and Peter Glaeser from Sponsormob.
English-Spanish translation services for all presentations and panel discussions on Wednesday June 8 are sponsored by Law.es.
To facilitate relationship-building among attendees on Thursday, June 9, attendees will select and participate in two different, small-group excursions. All excursion groups will reconvene for lunch and dinner to share fun stories about their cultural experiences.
Morning excursions include:
• Backstage at FC Barcelona (sponsored by Verisign)
• Gaudi walking tour (sponsored by Neustar)
• Old Town & Las Ramblas walking tour
• Tapas cooking class
• Wine tasting in Penedes
Afternoon options include:
• Barcelona in the Middle Ages walking tour
• Montserrat tour
• Savory stroll scavenger hunt
• Tapas bar crawl
• Old Town & Las Ramblas walking tour
Wednesday and Thursday evenings will include elegant dinner networking parties at famous venues.
Moniker Live and Extended Domain Auction
Moniker® will host a premium domain auction on Wednesday, June 8, at the Pullman Barcelona Skipper hotel beginning at 16:00. (10 a.m. US Eastern, 7 a.m. US Pacific). The auction will offer simultaneous live in-person as well as online remote real-time bidding.
The Moniker Extended Premium Domain Auction involving online bidding only will begin on Wednesday, June 8 at 18:00, (noon US EDT, 9 a.m. US PDT) and end on Wednesday, June 22 at 19:15 (3:15 p.m. US EDT,12:15 p.m. US PDT). For details on all auctions, including how to bid remotely, please visit: http://domainauctions.moniker.com/2011/DOMAINfest-Barcelona